Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Years with the Partyboy.

I had the most amazing New Years Eve. It truly was a blasty blast.  It was the first time I didn’t have to make up my own New Years resolution. My resolution just sort of found me...


As 2010 came to an end, I began to panic about what I would do to celebrate. I had spent the year before at a friends house hanging out with her husband and kids. We had walked around the neighborhood at midnight banging pots and pans together screaming Happy New Year at the top of our lungs…I know. Total party animals.

I had spent the last month crying my eyes out over my 10 millionth break up with Huge Asshole so I definitely didn’t want to spend my New Year alone sulking.  Nor did I feel like hanging with my friend again just to once again witness her wedded bliss. I needed  a date, or atleast a single friend to hang with . Luckily for me someone up above or down below was listening and stranded my girlfriend Henny’s man out of state with no way to get home before the new year rolled around. I was estactic! I had myself a date!

We called up our third partner in crime, Hippie Chick, and asked her what the plan was. Hippie Chick rolled with a strange collection of Hipsters and weirdos and always had a wild night in the works.

“House Party Crawl!” she text back back.



Awesome.

I spent a lot of time picking out my outfit for the night. I wanted to look trendy yet comfortable. Sexy but warm. It was freezing ass outside and I didn’t want my warmth to compromise showing off my curves.  I ripped through one outfit after another, pissed that I hadn't bought something new that day.

I stopped my approaching outfit panic attack and took a deep breath remembering something Henny had told me once before when searching for the perfect look. Three simple yet powerful words,  "When in doubt, Just Do You."

"Ok, who am I?" I thought.


Well, my original thought had been to put on a tight, short, long sleeve black sweater dress with my knee high Brown leather boots. I did just that and turned my attention to finding something to dress this down my look and keep warm. In a way that would still represent me of course. Just then I spotted the perfect warm accessory in the corner of my closet. I grabbed my furry shag carpet hooded vest off it's hanger and slipped it on. Nothing said me more than fur or sequence. I added a brown feather necklace and a long oversized bronze bejeweled cross and I was red-to-go.

I threw my hair up into a pony tail exposing my black on the bottom, blond on top dye job and headed over to pick up Henny.  We swung by the store to pick up a bottle of rum and juice and cruised up to Hollywood.

We were the first to arrive. Hippie Chicks boyfriend was our gracious host for the evening. Hippie Chick has her own unique taste in men. She basically likes guys who look like they're homeless. Her current flame totally fits the bill. The two of them are wearing matching tuxedo printed t-shirts. He has a blazer over his, but with his unshaven face and long shoulder length hair, he still somehow manages to look disheveled and well...slightly homeless. Aside from that, I must admit that there is something attractive about the guy and the chemistry between the tow of them is undeniable.
 

We found ourselves a spot at the kitchen table and Henny set to work getting her buzz on. We would have purchased her trademark drink, you guessed it, Hennesey, but it was to expensive at the store. Instead she starts in on the rum shots. I take one then officially take a bow out from shot drinking for the evening. I've never been much of a drinker and I have to work in the morning.

People start to slowly trickle in. I have a small buzz from my shot and half finished drink. I'm starting to wish I had someone here with me. That's one of the many issues I have with alcohol. It's the only thing I know that can make you happy and sad at the same time. I feel warm and fuzzy..and well, lonely. I decide to text The Creeper to see what he's up to. At this point I had yet to meet the Creeper so I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to hang.  You know, while I was surrounded by all my friends and looking totally hot.

"I'm sitting at home," he responds. 


I think he's bullshitting. 

"Plus, I don't feel like being in a crowd or meeting your friends right now," he continues.

Okaayyyy. Now I'm starting to believe him. The guy was painting an interesting picture of who he really was. Up to this point I had thought that he was, "actor party guy," but is text made me realize that he was probably more of the, "antisocial stoner guy," type. Ew. Turn off. I decide to just roll solo for the night.

A couple if girls show up I don't know. They're both boney as all hell, but contrary to what their doctors have been telling them have still decided to forgo eating because they think they look hot. They're both wearing over the top bedazzled outfits. But that isn't the worse part. Apparently one of them must have purchased a new twisty curling iron for their hair and they had went for broke on each other. They look like two infomercial models rockin the same silly twisty do. Funny. My night just got better.

After a few I run into the bedroom with the girls to show them some YouTube videos of Sinatra, and the trailer for Creepers movie. They're cracking up.

"You have to date them", they say to me.
Oh I will. Eventually.

One of the Twisty Twins walks in and pulls out a suggestion for us. Its a small bag of some kind of powder. Now, I'm barely a drinker, an occasional toker...and I've had a couple mellow experiences with shrooms, but my experimentation stops there.

That's when she said the universal line of parties gone wrong everywhere...,"Trust me."

Right. Trust one of the Informercial Twisty Twins? Not likely. But I look over at HC and Henny and they give me the ok. These girls are family, and HC is as paranoids about these things as I am, so with the two of them hovering over me I lick my finger and take a dip. Taste like shit. The deed is done.
Let the fun times roll.

The high is mellow. I feel slightly happier, but still totally coherent. I'm riding high and feeling fine...

Its time to head out to the bar. It sits right around the corner from Homeless Boyfriends apartment.  We are a sight to see. I wish I could post a photo of the 15 of us rolling down the street like a freak parade. Too fun.

I love the joint. It has 3 rooms with a Spanish Mediterranean feel to it. They know the bartender so everyone has an almost free drink in hand. We are taking photos and causing a ruckus. They have a DJ spinning in the corner and a big screen TV with the ball drop playing on the wall. A few of the guys in our group are getting pretty drunk and getting a little overly friendly. As midnight nears a few of them begin to hover around Henny and I.

"I feel like I'm in a shark tank right now," Henny says to me.

"Guess they're hovering to see who will be the first to strike at midnight," I say to her laughing.

"Ugh. In that case, we're each others New Years Kiss ok?" She says to me.

I'm in. Atleast I'll be kissing someone I love instead of some desperate horny shark tank boy.

The count down begins. Three...two...one...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Henny turns and grabs my face. Don't get excited. We aren't lesbians or horny party chicks. She gives me a slightly longer than normal New Years peck before we start to work the room. We distribute hugs and kisses all around and then prepare to pay out our non-existent tab so that we can continue our Crawl.

We pile out of the bar spilling onto the street. HC starts to badger the bouncer. I can only see his back. He's wearing a suit and looks to be a little over 6"2 or so. I'm feeling overly powdered happy, so I dip under his extended arm and lock myself onto his torso.

His arm comes down and wraps around my waist. Hmmmm, feels good. Perfect fit.

"Who's hugging me," I hear him say from above.

I pull away just enough so he can see my face, without unlocking my arms.

"It's just me. Is that ok?" I ask.

Wowza! Hot. Light skin, goatee, dark thick hair, full lips. Yum yummy with a spoon. I can't figure out his backround. Native American maybe? Looks exotic.

I see a flash in his eye when he looks down at me. His arm squeezes me a little harder. Creeper be damned! I found my Partyboy for the evening...

I pull away to follow the group. HC starts to yell out, "New Years kiss! New Years kiss!"

I love my friends.

I turn back, looking like this is a job, and lean up for a kiss. I press my lips against his only for a moment. I squeeze his hand and then saunter away without a backward glance back towards my friends.

"I'll see you guys in a few" he calls after us.

You bet your ass you will.

We get back to the apartment, and I ask Hippie Chick about him.

"Way hot right?," she answers.

HC and Henny are looking at me with huge, "We have just planned your future", grins on their faces.
I had completely stopped dating at this point so they are determined for me to have a good time.

We continue to party at the apartment. Its getting late and I notice that Henny is turning into soggy toast. She has been the shot leader for the evening, mixing rum, tequila and lord knows what else the entire night. She is strewn across Homeless Boyfriends bed looking like a comfy wilted flower. The plan was to head to another house party in the Hollywood Hills, but one look at her and I realize there is no way she is going to make it.

"I'm done" she keeps saying over and over again.

Damn! I want to hang. Yes I need to go to work in the morning and yes I'm going to be dying but damn it I want to wait for bouncer guy!

So I come up with a plan. Henny's house is close. I can swing by her home and then head back all hopefully before they leave HB's apartment.  I'm telling HC and Henny my plan to get Henny home when I hear the front door open behind me.

Both girls eyes look past me at the door. They both say in unison, "Look who's heerrrrreeee...."

I don't bother turning around. I already know who it is. What I hadn't realized was that he would be showing up with a date. He walks in, looking just yummy, with a tall, blond, overly dressed girl next to him.  Not ugly, but definitely not me.

I brush it off and tell HC I'll be back. As I drive Henny home, slowly and with limited swerving, I weigh out my options. I could just go home and get some sleep for work tomorrow. I mean the guy has a date, what was the point? But there was that light I saw in his eye. He's attracted to me. Whats more, I'm attracted to him. Fuck it! I'm not letting this one slide. Its New Years, and I'm feeling good. I drop off Henny and jam back to the apartment.

Luckily for me they have not left yet. A few people pile into my car and I see my guy walking towards his car with his "date". (She is officially of no concern to me.) They do not walk near each other. They do not hold hands. This is gonna be a piece-o-cake.

After some twists and turns I find myself in the middle of some trees in front of a super cool pad.

We walk in and I fall in love. We walk directly into a dining room with a long raw wooden table. There's a large living room to the right, a in house bar behind the table and a kitchen as big as my living room to the left. There are only about 6 people there, all completely blasted out of their minds. One of the guys is running around wearing a silver masquerade mask. I dig the scene. Fun.

Partyboy walks in a few minutes later with his "date". I ignore him, much to engrossed in the conversation I'm having with a random.

Again I note that his "date" is no where near him. She is mingling with another party goer and he is making himself a drink. Interesting. Not boyfriend girlfriend for sure. No real chemistry. Maybe some kind of friends with benefit's or first time daters? Not sure. What I am sure about is that there is no competition here. I got this shit in the bag.

HC comes up to me after a while and tells me she spoke with Partyboy.

"He likes you, " she says. "He said it sucks because he had already promised this girl they would hang tonight but he came up to me and said that he really really likes you.'"

Like I said. In the bag. If nothing happens tonight, atleast I know where to find him once he's alone later...

The night is turning into early morning. My happy high is wearing off and I realize its nearing my time to go. I'm not sure where Partyboy is. I need to do something. Make some kind of move. Ugh, what to do? I need some more powdered courage. I ask HC if she knows anyone here who has any.

She leads me into one of the back bedrooms. There's a fully clothed couple under the blankets smooching on the bed, a leather jacket guy lying on top of the blanket talking to a tall rough looking rocker dude. Sitting on a chair on the opposite side of the bed is Partyboy.

HC takes me over to him. I sit on the edge of the bed and start talking to Leather Jacket guy.

"Carrie," Hippie Chick calls to me with a wave of her hand. Partyboy is holding the goods.

I stand up and walk over to where he's sitting.  The bag is cupped in his hand. He's left an opening just large enough for my index finger to fit through. I bend over slightly and place my finger between his. The second I do he squeezes it and pulls me in towards his face for a kiss.

OOooooooohhhh yeah baby!!!

We stayed like that for a few minutes. Nevermind there are like 7 other people in the room and my friend is standing  right next to me. I take my time and enjoy the moment. I finally pull away and lean up against the desk next to HC.

I look away and start talking to her without skipping a beat. After a few he stands up. 6'3 for sure. I can feel him looking me up and down.

I hear him say under his breath, "Damn your hot."  He whimpers a bit and walks away.

HC looks at me and says excitedly, "That was so freaking hot!"

"I know right?!" I reply.

I mingle at the party for another half hour. I don't know where Partyboy is, and no longer care. I've marked my territory. I've trained my homing pigeon. I've peed on his leg and now he knows he belongs to me.

I make an effort to talk to everyone in the room, take photos, exchange phone numbers. HC starts to round up the masses and we all shuffle out the door. I glance to the side and see Partyboy looking at me. I give him a quick impersonal wave and head out the door.

After dropping everyone off I go home and jump straight into my bed. I can't stop laughing. It was my first kiss since my breakup. And it was with a super hot guy in a Hollywood party pad, with his date drinking alone in the other room. And that's when it happened. That's the moment when WCC started to come into being....

I wasn't really hating it at work the next day. I'm pretty sure I was still a little bit high. I could'nt stop thinking about Partyboy and that kiss! Why didn't I sneak him my phone number? God why do I have to act like such an aloof bitch all the time?

No news about him that day.

The next day call up HC to see if we can hang. I need to see him. She tells me to come over and I cruise down to HB's apartment. So the plan is to see if Partyboy is working, hang for a bit, then go check out Diplo at Little Temple after. Good plan. I'm ready.

We head over to the bar. Score! He's working.  I see him standing behind the bar. His eyebrows raise up the second he lays eyes on me.

We take a seat and order a drink. The next hour shocks me! His reaction shocks me. The man is nervous?! He's running around the bar, stuttering, and shy as all hell. He is completely freaked. It blows my mind! I expected to find the distant kiss stealing party boy I met on NYE. Instead he was more like a nervous school boy...that I still desperately wanted to molest.

At one point he stutters something like, "Um, so your friends with Hippie Chick on Facebook? You should add me, I think she and I are friends, um or something."

HC and I look at eachother and grin. I need to help this poor guy out. He goes bolting past me for the dozenth time and I reach out and grab his arm.

"Why don't we skip the Facebook thing, and you just give me your number," I say smoothly, snapping open my phone like Double O'Carrie.

He looks relieved and gives me his digits.

Its time to go. We pay out our tab and I turn to give out hugs goodbye. Partyboy gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek. Huh?

 I look up at him and say, "So we're on cheek kissing terms now?"

Still holding me he replies, "No its just that I'm at work and...welllllll ok."

He lays a longer, much nicer kiss on me. Hhhhhmmmmm. Much better.
This guy is gonna be fun...

WCC


.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment