Friday, January 21, 2011

Birthday Presents

I just got home from my birthday celebration night out. Don't worry dear reader, I'll get into the nights shenanigans soon enough. Its just that it's only 1:19am and I'm not sure if my celebrating is over yet. I want to make sure I give you the full story.

I checked my mail when I got home and found my mothers customary birthday package inside. My mom is the best. She's one of those people who will not only give you the shirt off her back, but she'll start tearing shit off the walls in order to make sure you leave her home richer than when you arrived.
Every year she sends me a package with a birthday card and photos inside. My family love to take pictures. We're all camera whores, and totally photogenic.

This year her card really touched my heart. I opened it up and a $10 bill fell out. I know she's broke and struggling right now, so it truly was the sweetest thing. The card reads like this:

"Happy B-Day!


Carrie may all your birthday wishes come true. I love you! Only had enough to buy you one drink so have a drink on me xxxooo. I hope you like your pictures because they are all about you. Why? Because its YOUR Birthday 1-20-1978/1-20-2011


Love you my daughter. Always your mom. Me.


P.S. I pray for you everyday that he keeps you safe."

My eyes began to tear. It was really sweet and exactly what I needed to hear right now.

The photos are awesome! For the most part they're of me, but she also included a few pictures of herself when she was younger. They're a trip to look at. I'm the spitting image of my mother in her early 20's. No joke. If the picture quality wasn't so bad you would never believe that you were looking at anyone other than me.

I love that! My mom was a beautiful women. Still is. My dad used to tell me that when she walked into a room everyone would stop and look. She may not have always been the most beautiful woman there, but there was something about her that made people stop and take notice.

My dad says that I have it to. I like to think so. I grew up sitting on top of the bathroom counter watching my mom put on her makeup. I found it fascinating. I thought she was so lovely. I look forward to the day when my little girl thinks the same way about me. I can only hope.

I love my present. Tomorrow, I'm totally going to have that drink on my momma.

WCC

2 comments:

  1. Did I almost shed tear? Yes! I love ur mom! Tell her Pop a Squat says she misses her & loves her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She actually told me to tell you the same. My mom rocks.

    ReplyDelete