Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Birthday Blast Day 3 - GNO

I think I'm going to die.
I'm not sure if you've ever been in a fight before, but let me tell you. What it does to your body is not fun. I'm at work with perhaps 3 hours of sleep under my belt. My neck is killing me from the Psycho yanking on my head. My lower back isn't too happy with me either. And don't even get me started about my left hand. You know, the one used to sock the bitch? My wrist are sore from holding her, fingers stiff and my palm in bruised. Man oh man I'd hate to be that broads face.

My co-workers have no clue about my night life alter ego. I'm a manager of a pretty high volume clothing store. I also represent the new concept design for our company so I am often visited by merchants, vendors, and corporate execs. I've spoken to the VP's of our company, hosted walk thru's for investors. I am respected and adequately feared by my staff. Yet here I am walking around my store like Night of the Living dead sore from kicking a chicks ass the night before. Now I know what Peter Parker feels like.

I finally suffer through the rest of my day. I don't know how I made it. I had packed a bag in the morning to take with me to my girls house. Tonight is the scheduled GNO. I cruise down to Lakewood to meet up with her, first dropping her a quick line to make sure Huge Asshole isn't there. She was the one who had introduced me to him. Don't worry, she apologizes to me often. He is best friends with her husband. I've only been able to avoid him these last few months with their assistance. Its a constant game of cloak and dagger. Worth it. Don't want to see him. Don't want to know him.

The coast is clear. She lets me inside and I say hello to the masses. She lives in a huge house with her brother, his wife, kids, sister in laws sister, a cousin, a few dogs...you get the picture? She's looking super cute in a cut up ACDC shirt, jeans  and  a pair of wedges. They bring her height up to a whole 5'4.

She screams out some sort of profanities over to her husband. The girl curses like a sailor and her favorite pass time is berating her husband. They are a sight to see. She is a short Pacific Islander with cute dimples and a killer smile. Miss personality. Her husband? Tall not so attractive white boy. With glasses. That's all I have on him.

"What's up Flooger?" he greets me.

Floogar is a name he made up for me a few years ago when I had started dating Huge Asshole. Its a combination of Cougar and Floosie. This pretty sums up our relationship. We are sworn enemies.

"Nice belly." I reply back to him as I walk into their bedroom.

Dimples is sitting at the computer finishing some online shopping. She's as addicted as I am. I get to work changing. I'm exhausted out of my mind. I wash my face hoping that will wake me up. It helps. I reapply my make up. Dark smokey eyes. My night time look. I add on plenty of mascara and pop my hair up into my pony tail. Now what the hell did I bring to wear?

I was a smart cookie. I had threw in a few options. I decide on black jeggings, knee high leather boots, an oversized white tank with an 80's style womens face on the front with red lipstick and toss my black prostitute jacket on to. I throw on a pair of Dimples over sized turquoise circle earrings and I'm ready to rock

Her husband asks where we are going to head off to. "Out," I tell him.
"Shutup Floogar," he snaps back at me. I love our arguments.

They exchange goodbyes. She tells him we will meet up with him later. The Sweet Repose is playing at a house party later in Orange county so we plan on cruising by for the performance. For now, its off to Hollywood we go. I promised Uncle and G2 that I would stop by and hang for a drink. I promised Dimples that I would introduce her to my characters.

We make a quick pit stop at Starbucks. We buy some snacks and I grab a mocha energy drink. I need something to keep me from slamming into a wall. We get down to Hollywood in record time. I'm driving her seafoam green BMW so decide to valet. We pull up to the front and nod my head towards the front door.
"That's Partyboy," I tell her.

"He doesn't look that tall," she says. I love my friends. Hard to please, seldom impressed. Bitches. Like me.

We step out of the car and I hand over the keys. Partyboy see's me and yells over a hello.
I walk up, and he wraps me up into a hug. Interesting. His whole demeanor is different from the night before. This is a normal I dig you greeting. Strange.

I introduce him to Dimples. She shakes his hand and walks inside. "I think Glasses might come by tonight," he tells me.

"Yeah, I just spoke with him. They are on their way now."I tell him laughing to myself. I mean, did he really think I just came here on my own to hang? Your not that special dude.

The place is busy. I take Dimples around and introduce her to a few familiar faces. Douchebag is partying near the back bar. I'm too too excited to introduce her to the villain of my stories. He is decently sober so she is luckily able to avoid any groping from him.  After a few Glasses, G2 and Uncle all walk into the bar. I go over and give them hugs. Glasses looks uneasy. Dimples points it out to me.

"He looks sketchy." She says.

"Honestly, he is probably afraid Psycho girlfriend will show up." I say.

"I think its more then that. I think he is feeling bad about what happened to you."she tells me.

She's right. He orders us a drink, and I can see the guilt in his eyes as he hands it over to me. Whats worse everyone is talking about what happened again. Uncle just can't get over how calm and collected I was.

"Dude, don't worry about it. It's done. Let's have a good time and I'll keep a look out for her," I joke.

He looks a little easier. I see Partyboy looking at me from across the room. He is taking off his jacket and stashing it. He must be clocking out. Dimples and I have to leave soon. Normally this situation would bother me. I would want to hang with him. But after his strangeness last night, I'm good with bailing.

Dimples in engrossed in a conversation about Rockbands with Uncle. "Time to go," I tell her.

I walk over to Partyboy to say bye. He gives me a hug and quick kiss on the cheek.
"I hate these cheek kisses." I say.

"Sorry its just the work thing." he tells me.

"ok," I reply and walk back over to Dimples and Uncle. I get it. There is no way in hell I would give kisses out to anyone at work.

Dimples is still talking. Partyboy walks up to the three of us and plants a quick kiss on my mouth then walks back away. Cute. Unnecessary, but cute. Uncle looks at me and raises his eyebrows, "What was that all about?" he asks.

"Oh, we sort of date." I tell him.

"I didn't know that," he says looking confused.

His confusion is understandable. The night before Partyboy totally ignored me, which was made even more glaringly obvious by all the attention I received that night from everyone else. I mean during fight night, I was miss popularity. I was known at every venue. The second we had walked into the afterparty my name was being screamed out by the party goers. Uncle and G2 loved me and spent alot of time engaging me in conversation. But Partyboy? It was like we weren't even friends. My feelings from last night were validated. It was time to go.

"Are you coming back?" G2 asks me.

"I'll call you guys and see where your at after." I assure him

Dimples and I walk outside and I hand the valet ticket over. Partyboy comes out behind us. Funny. He walks over to me and asks where we are going.

"House party in Orange County. One of our friends bands are playing so we need to cruise over." I tell him nonchalantly.

I don't know what to think about this guy. I'm not enjoying the hot and cold attitude. I'm the kind of girl who always runs hot. Jump on board or get burned buddy.

Our car pulls up. He turns and gives me another kiss goodbye. Okaayyy.

I pull away without a backward glance. I'll break him down another time. For now, I have plans.

We arrive to the next venue. The party is at a large ranch style house in Westminster. I can hear the Sweet Repose playing from the street. We quickly duck inside and find a place against a wall to jam to our boys. The guys are rocking it out. I'm still exhausted out of my mind, but I'm so glad I came out tonight. I close my eyes and let the music spill over me. Man oh man I love me some music. I'll listen to pretty much anything as long as its live.

Dimples goes off to find her husband while I stay put to watch the band.

I hadn't heard from Creeper all day. I know he's not too happy with me for ditching out on him last night.
I shoot him a text. "Are we fighting?'

Nothing.

"Do I have to try the sexting thing again?" I try.

This one does the trick.
He responds, "You never started the sexting thing in the first place...."

Yes. Got him. This is like fishing. I got a bite.

"Because you said I would suck at it. You start." I text back.

"Not really feeling it. Sorry." he says.

Oh yeah. He's pissed. And I don't really care. I'm just not into this guy. Maybe its better I let this one go. I know he's a great character and all but I just can't bring myself to see him again. I wish I could keep him around as a kooky friend but I know he won't go for it. Besides the fact he wants to do me everytime he see's me, I'm pretty sure he thinks I am clinically insane. And I've done nothing but validate his feelings.

I think I do it on purpose. I was talking to my cousin this morning about the last blog I wrote. She reads everything I write and has a little following for me with her friends. She tells me they are "totally addicted" to WCC. Awesome.

Well this morning she called me a method actress. I thought this was funny as shit. Its so true. I acted for years. Now here I am treating the world like its my stage and boys like my little puppets.

This guy thinks I'm nuts and I've been flowing with it. That's who he wants and or expects me to be. He has been damaged by his "insane bitch" ex, as he put it. I remind him of her physically. So that's who I've been. Wow. I do it without even thinking. Every time I've gone to his house, I just sit there and look at him like he is a monkey in a cage. I mean he has no idea that I'm West Coast Carrie. He doesn't know that I just want to sit and stare so that I can accurately write this shit down later. I come across as a kook and I don't care.

Last night I started talking to a new character. I call him Highlander. His resemblance to Christopher Lambert is uncanny. Half Navajo and Persian. Hot hot hot. We were texting back and forth and right away I realize he is a sensitive dater guy. He kept asking me deep questions about my life and what I want out of a relationship. Well, we all know I don't want shit. I just want a good story for my readers. But I was feeding this guy everything I knew he wanted to hear. He wanted sensitive chick, I gave it to him. I was one step ahead of each of his questions and/or responses.

He kept saying, " wow, we are like a perfect match.....we balance eachother...."blah blah etc.

The last thing he text to me was, "I can c why men like to bring U home to meet their moms. There's something special about U!"

Sucker.

I decide not to text The Creeper back. I'm bored with him. I can't even bring myself to play off the crazy any longer.

Its late. I decide to leave just as the cops are pulling up. Good timing on my part. I say bye to Dimples. She is going to ride home with her husband, so  I head back to Hollywood. I give Glasses a quick call and tell him I'm just going to head home. Its late and I need to catch up on some sleep before my bbq at his house tomorrow. Plus I have to work again in the morning and I need to be atleast half way coherent.

A few moments later I get a phone call from G2. Oh lord please say he didn't leave anything else in my car.

"Where are you?," he yells.

" I'm heading home. Its late. I need to go to bed."

"Fine. Just bail. that's what you do. Whatever. Bailer." he tells me.

I'm so going to miss this guy.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow at the house. I'll be there for sure." I tell him

"Whatever. You know what? Your lucky your cool. If you were anyone else I would have hung up already but your cool..."he rants back.

They are all good and drunk again... and back at Thai Angels.

He continues to yell at me the rest of my ride home. The next day I make him promise he will call me atleast once a week and give me shit. This guy is fun.

I get home and hit the hay. I'm done

Day 3 is done. Not so bad. Tomorrows the bbq. I'm pretty sure Partyboy will be there. Good. There's a theory I want to test out. For now, the puppeteer needs to get some sleep.

WCC

No comments:

Post a Comment