Sunday, February 27, 2011

Starville

So I partied with Gene Simmons son Nick last night. I swear I've been meeting the strangest people lately...


The Hipster crew and I went to a party at the same Hollywood pad that the guys had hot tubbed at during my Birthday Fight Night. We were standing in the living room enjoying the band when we looked over and saw Gene Simmons son Nick kicking it in the corner in all his 6'9 glory. Ofcourse my ridiculous crew was all up in his and his friends mix in two shakes of a lambs tail. He was a cool guy. Didn't drink and was totally digging on Hippie Chick, much to Homeless Boyfriends irritation. She was happy though. It's nice to be reminded that you still got it every once in a while.

I loved the scene. Astro boy was off to the side having a rap contest with a group of randoms. Hippie Chick was basking in the affections of Nick while Homeless Boyfriend glowered from the corner. I was enjoying a drinking game with a set of dice and a drunken hottie. Douchebag was there as well, running around adding the word 'ville' to the end of his words. You know thnigs like, "sucksville" or "partyville". He would throw in an occasional, "That's what she said..." I'm starting to really love this guy. He's freaking hilarious! Man my surroundings have been nutty lately.

Although The Highlander is taking the cake when it comes to being nutty. He has gone from sweet to stalker faster than I can say, "get a life". I hadn't spoken to him since the night he decided to have that awkward I need to "absorb" conversation with me about our relationship status. I had honestly planned on calling him back at some point. I just couldn't bring myself to do it in a timely manner. I mean I've been stressed out at work, I was still dealing with Partyboy finding out about WCC, and quite frankly I just really didn't give a shit.

I had shot him a quick text the next day apologizing for not calling him. Looking back on it, I shouldn't have bothered. His response was annnoying to say the least.

Highlander: "I'm just kinda irritated that you couldn't just shoot me a quick text letting me know we wouldn't be finishing our "talk"?! Especially when I saw you constantly on your phone when you were at my apartment. Just doesn't really seem fair or considerate."

This guy can't be serious? I mean I was out with my friends dude. Why in the hell would you be a priority? And did he just scold me for being on my phone at his house? Get over yourself! Your not my dad. Your not my man.

"I hadn't realized we were planning on finishing our talk last night," I begin. "Plus I had still planned on calling you. I passed out. And I was texting you at my dinner. Until we began to eat so I stopped because I got yelled at."

God I'm starting to feel like I'm in a relationship with this guy! Of which I'm not. So annoying. But not as annoying as his next text.

"That's kinda odd because you specifically told me that we were gonna continue our talk after you were done with dinner," he starts with an air of hysteria," that's what your text confirmed as well. But regardless, I wasnt' asking you to call me while you were with your friends because that's just rude!I just believe it would have been courteous and respectful to shoot me a simple text saying we'd continue the conversation some other night. That's all. Pretty simple I think Especially since you made a point of mentioning that the talk was awkward. So it would seem that it's better to diffuse the 'weird' factor sooner rather than later."

I think diffusion is sort of an impossibility at this point buddy.

"Ok dude, let's move on. This is way to deep of a convo." I text back.

I'm over this whole thing! I wanted to be cool with him but he's acting like a pissed off boyfriend. I don't like getting scolded by a semi total stranger. I mean we only saw eachother one time! Who the hell does he think he is to me? This is getting stranger and stranger by the minute. I mean I'm starting to feel like I'm on the witness stand being crossed examined by a psycho.

"I really don't and didn't want to make it into a whole big production," He says.

Ha, that ship has sailed dude.

"Just seems to have played out that way," he continues. "Wait, what do you mean 'move on'? Go our separate ways or?!"

There's a split second where I consider taking this 'out'. I know I should tell him let's move on from eachother. But I don't because I'm still a nice fucking person.


Instead I tell him, "No. From this weird conversation."

"Ok. That's fine." he replies. I could feel his relief through my phone.

I stop texting him at this point. There's no where for me to take this conversation. Mercifully he leaves me alone. For the night that is. The next day I wasn't so lucky. I hadn't text him for almost 12 whole hours. For a weirdo loner like him that must have seemed like an eternity.

"No text? No call again?" he sends.

It's been a day dude. Relax.
I don't respond. I can't deal with this guy anymore.

"I really don't understand you!," he continues after about 20 minutes of texting silence. "All along you've been interacting with me and giving me a different impression, urging us to see each to eachother."

Oh my freaking god! Keep in mind people. It's been maybe 4 days since our initial meeting and now I'm receiving this psycho text. Atleast it looks like it's over now. I resist the urge to respond with something like,"Smell ya later," and continue on with my night.

The next day I go over to Glasses house to watch a movie and eat some food. When I arrived Partyboy was there. I was nervous. I hated the awkwardness from the other night. I preferred his overbearing affections to his distant anger.

But he was good. Not the same as before, but good. We all laughed and hanged and watched movies. Than we all completely passed out and had an impromptu slumber party. The next morning we got up and drank some coffee together. It was nice. I was having a super chill, and sober hang out with the Partyguys.

Glasses says his goodbyes and heads off to work. Partyboy and I stay a bit longer shooting the shit. We take Glasses dog out for a walk and continue our small talk. It's the first time I've ever held a normal conversation with the guy. In the past we were just make out central. Than we hit the awkward phase with his unwanted affections and transitioned right into him hating me for a night. But today? He's actually chilling with me like a friend. We head back into the house and I decide to read him a little WCC. I hate that The Whistle Blower left Partyboy with the impression that I was talking shit about him on my blog. I don't consider that what I'm doing. I talk about how I feel about things. I talk about me.

I read him 'New Year's with Partyboy' and 'Cravings'. I wanted to give him an idea of who I am and what I do without stumbling across anything to graphic or rude. He dug it. And he relaxed. Good.

We head out and he asks me what I'm going to do for the day. "Just run some errands and things. Why what's up?" I ask.

"Well there is this really cool coffee shop I like to hang out at. I just take my computer and chill there. Drink some green tea and such." he says.

"Well, if that's all your doing why don't you just run my errands with me and than we can go check out your spot after?" I ask him.

He agrees and we head back to The Plex together.

We walk in and say hi to Homeless Boyfriend who is sitting at his computer. I sit Partyboy down at my desk so that he can screw around on my computer while I get dressed. Just than Hippie chick opens her bedroom door and pops her head out.

I wish I could have taken a picture of her face. She takes one look at me and Partyboy together and her face splits into this huge grin. I walk away not able to stop myself from breaking out into the same silly smile. Man she loves it when Partyboy and I are together. She told me later that day that the energy that the two of us have when we are together is intense. She's right. We would be a sight to see as a couple. But we're not. So I settle for building a friendship with him. For now.

I shower and change while the boys hang out and smoke out. I'm smiling in the shower. Today is going to be interesting.

I finish up and we head out together. I need to drop off my old keys and cable box. He drives around town with me comfy as can be. About halfway through our day I stop by my favorite Jamaican joint near mid city. I buy us a few chicken patties and than head next door to We Jammin to order some fresh juices. Partyboy tries to give me some money for the patties. "Don't worry about it," I tell him. "I'm dragging you around with me, the least I can do is feed you."

"No really take it. I don't want your readers to think that Partyboy is cheap," he tells me smiling.

He is so freaking cute. "It's fine," I laugh. "I got it really."

He puts his money away until it's time to pay for our fresh blended juices. I let him pay for it. We're getting along and I want to keep him in a good mood.

After I finish my errands we head to Trader Joe's. I owe Mr. Boston and Homeless boyfriend dinner for helping me move so I want to pick up my supplies for the evening. Partyboy brings me a basket right as my phone rings. I look down and its The Highlander.

My heart starts to pound a mile a minute. Hippie Chick told me later that it was my bodies way of telling me that I was in danger. No kidding. I mean why was he calling me? Any other guy would have understood the blow off signals by now and moved on.

I let it go to voicemail, not thinking for a minute that the guy would actually leave a message. He does.

Don't worry reader. I'm going to figure out a way that I can link up his voicemail so that you all can listen to it. It is money man. The guy leaves me a 2:28 second voicemail. Do you have any idea how long a 2 minute voicemail is? Long man. Long.

I don't respond. Partyboy and I head back to The Plex. He knows I'm freaked. I let him listen to the voicemail. I don't get much of a response from him. I have a feeling he doesn't exactly want to discuss my other 'relationships' with me.

I get home and start in on dinner. I plan on making my world famous lasagna with garlic bread with lots of red wine.

The heavens were shining down on me that day because the lasagna came out amazing.

I had text Glasses earlier to come over after work to eat. It was so nice. I set up a 6 foot table in our dining room and we all sat down to enjoy my feast. It was Homeless boyfriend, Hippie Chick, Mr. Boston, Glasses and Partyboy. Man do I love my crew.

"Someone should say a blessing." Glasses says.

They all look to me.

Everyone links hands and I start in on my speech,"Well, I guess I just want to say how happy I am that I'm here with all of you. I love to cook but not when I'm alone. I'm so excited that I get to come home to all of you everyday and that I got to feed you all tonight. You are my LA Fam Bam and I love you."

Everyone 'Ahh's" and we lift our glasses for a toast. I'm loving it. Just a few months ago I was depressed and alone in my scary old apartment and now? Well, life is good man. Life is good.

I had played the message from the Highlander to Hippie Chick before dinner. I wanted her opinion on what I should do. She had told me that we should pose the question to the guys. We are done with our meal and just sitting around the table drinking wine when Hippie Chick gets everyones attention. "Ok guys. Carrie needs some help. Tell them the back story Carrie."

I give the table a quick rundown of the last few days events. They all ask a few questions and than we quite down so that I can play the voicemail for them. I place my phone in the middle of the table and turn on my speaker. The Highlanders voice echos in the quite dining room.

"Hey Carrie. It's me. It's been a couple of days since I've heard from you. So... and... uh you havent' responded to my text messages so I'm assuming that inspite of what you texted me that you don't want us to go our separate ways...well now your not talking to me anymore and you don't want to be friends..so that's uh. Makes me sad...." The guys snort in unison at this line. Mr. Boston and Hippie Chick are busting up. This is way more fun than I thought it was going to be. I start to feel better and a lot less freaked. The message continues.

"Especially since it was over a quote unquote 'awkaward conversation' that we had." (Oh god. The guy is quoting me again.)"....and the conversation should have been continued so that it would have moved out of that stage. And it never was. Instead it was continued via text and that's not the best medium to have resolved anything or reached any kind of conclusion. Anyhow I just want to tell you that uh I would hope that you would call me so that we can talk this out."

The guys in the room start to debate. They think that The Highlander is coming to an end and want to discuss what a freak he is. I quite them down. The Highlander isn't done yet. There is still a minute and 28 seconds to go....

"I like having you in my life. It took alot of courage on my part, for lack of a better word, to initially contact you and than to move it to the point where I would see you. Your the only person I've seen outside of the people I've already known in the last 7 months."

Bingo! The room erupts again. "That's what it is," says Glasses. "Your the only person he's spoken to in ages. He's clinging onto you for dear life."

Just than Hippie Chick nudges me from under the table. Partyboy had stood up about 20 seconds into the voicemail and left the room. He mumbled something like,"I've already heard this." He was now walking around trying to find something to do. At the time I thought he was just restless. I wouldn't doubt if the guy had a mild case of ADD. "That's not it," HC tells me later. "He didn't want to listen to the voice mail. He likes you dude."

Great. I have a stalker that wants me and a ex lover who can't have me because he's an idiot. Man being single is a pain in the ass sometimes.

The Highlanders voice is still carrying across the room, "...and that should mean something to you. Um...I just would like to..I don't want to end things on these terms. I would like to atleast be able to talk to you to straighten some things out if it's possible and if its not than to just not leave it where we have...based on our last conversation. Because that conversation was I guess kind of awkward. It was difficult for me to have with you but I thought that we were both on the same page. And it would have been mature and respectful to know where we were each coming from and know what the expectations were. So hopefully I'll hear from you. Um, I don't know what else to say or do since obviously communication requires two people to participate and you've chosen for whatever reason to not to at this point.....Um....I hope your well and like I said I hope to hear from you soon...take care...bye."

We all sit in silence for a minute letting the crazy sink in.

"Don't call him back," Homeless Boyfriend tells me. "One word from you and his obsession will start all over again. He'll just want to debate anything you say and talk you out of it."

"So you guys were dating?" Mr. Boston asks.

"No. I told him from the beginning I wasn't interested in dating."I respond.

"Dude, she only hung out with him one time," Hippie Chick chimes in."She sat and had coffee with him and that's it. The guy is majorly off."

We continue our debate for a while longer until HC decided that we should all make a Yogurtland trip. We pile into the cars and raid the local yogurt shop. Glasses has to work in the morning so he heads home. Partyboy jumps back in the car with us.

We head back to the Plex and continue our wine drinking. I'm good and toasted at this point so I go into my room and sit on my bed to watch some tv. Partyboy walks in and asks if I could give him a ride home.

"Sure," I tell him. "Just give me a sec to relax."

I'm lying. I'm a little drunk and a lot tired and am loving the idea of hanging out with PB for the night. I mean we had a great day. No awkwardness. No weird sexual chemistry. Just friendly and cool and fun.

He lays down on the floor. I have an awesome 4 inch thick shag carpet in my bedroom so I know he's comfy. I throw him down a pillow and count the seconds before Mr Narcolepsy passes out. It doesn't take long. He's out like a light within 15 minutes. I cover him with a blanket and than slip into my bed.

I get a text from Glasses right before I drift off to sleep. "I'm glad you guys made up and are able to hang again."

I smile. Me too.

The next morning Partyboy wakes up before me and asks if I can give him a ride home. It's raining outside and he's hoofing it.

I get up and quickly throw on some clothes. He has an appointment he needs to get to and I'm feeling really guilty for making him stay...ok. I don't feel that guilty, but I should drive him none the less.

We head out and he asks if I want to grab some coffee at his spot. He really wants to show it to me. Cute.

We walk in and I instantly love it. Its a large coffee shop with two patios and tons of little hidden nooks with drinkers and readers hanging out with their laptops and espressos. He grabs himself a green tea and pays for my tea latte.

We go outside to take a seat next to one of the fire pits.

"Hey, how you doing man," Partyboy says to a man sitting in the corner. He's older, with a bit of scruffiness on his chin and that layered directors look. PB introduces me and we take a seat at the table across from him.

We all start to chit chat and I find out that this guy is a somebody. An old songwriter/rockstar/actor. He's sister helped shape the career of Leonardo Di Caprio and he helped Madonna to gain some focus back in the day.

Partyboy has done some modeling and promo work. He may have even done some movie work but I'm not sure. I've never really asked. This guy starts to give him some advice. I'll call him the Hollywood Guru.

"One thing you need to do man, is dress down a bit more. Your a really good looking guy. To good looking. You need to switch up your style. Walk into agencies looking more normal. These people can tell a faker in a second. You need to let your worth ethic and drive proceed you. You do have a great lookbut you'd have better luck if you do what beautiful women do. For instance Michelle Pfeiffer. She is stunning in person. So she often goes out without any makeup. Without it she still looks amazing but more versatile. They are more apt to take her seriously. And you need to find out what your character is going to be. Create the kind of person people want to watch. For instance if you look at Robert De Niro early work. The man was well..."

"Bland," I offer.

"Exactly!" he responds. "He had to figure out how to use is looks and strangeness in a way that made people want to watch him for hours. You should get a video camera. Record yourself. Learn your face. Control it and make it work for you. All stars have one thing in common. They have a darkness to them. The casual observer doesn't realize that ofcourse. All they see is a star. But trust me. That drive and darkness is there. Bubbling under the surface. Pushing these people to stand out and work harder and focus on who they are and who they want to be."

I'm loving the conversation. The Guru isn't one of those guys who name drops. The man is just dropping names.

"So what do you do?"He asks looking over at me.

"She's a writer," Partyboy answers.

I smile. It's the first time I've heard someone call me that, and of all people the words come out of Partyboys mouth.

"Really? What do your write?" The Guru asks me, looking genuinely interested.

"I write about my life out here in Hollywood. I run with a crazy collection of artists and creatives. I write about who they are and who I date." I tell him.

"Yeah, she and I used to 'hang out' for a bit...and I just found out about all of this." Partyboy adds.

"Found out? What do you mean?" the Guru asks.

"Well, I'm sort of blogging out my pages right now to the public. Letting them help shape my writing. Only a chosen few know that I do this. Partyboy was never supposed to know. It just sort of happened."

"Ok ok, so do you write about everyone or do you just concentrate on a few characters?"Guru asks me.

"I write about anyone that I have an emotional connection to. I keep my characters pretty one dimensional although I've began to flesh out a few. I pick the mood and emotion that I feel for them and I go from there.Everyone is anonymous. Everyone has a nickname. I write about my surface thoughts about them and my life. You know, the shit talking that all of us do in our heads but never act on. Well that's what WCC is made up of. She is unfiltered and raw. She is my inner monologue. A lot of people have been able to relate."

"So have you thought about turning it into a screen play?" he asks me.

Only in Hollywood man. Everyone either wants to be in front of the camera or behind it. I'm not interested in either. Atleast not when it comes to my writing

"No." I respond, probably shocking him. "If someone comes along and wants to do something like that for me that's fine. But that's not what I want to do with this. I love to read. I love to write. I want this to be a book. Hell, maybe a series of books. I'm a good 2 years out from that though so for now I'll just keep blogging out my pages. Than hopefully when I'm ready to publish I'll already have a fan base. I plan on making business cards and dropping them in bars with my Blogspot url. I'm going to have stickers made that I can start to put up in bathroom stalls. I want to keep WCC underground. I love the process and I want to do this right. We'll see what happens."

He looks at me and smiles. "You see that?" he says looking over at Partyboy. "That's what I'm talking about. I was pushing a few buttons right now. I wanted to throw out the screenplay idea to see what she would say. She knows what she wants. She is someone who is in control of her craft. Her moves are intentional. She is smart and focused and I wouldn't be surprised if in a years time she has the biggest blog in the nation."

This man officially rocks. We sit and chit chat with him for about an hour. I wish I could have recorded the conversation. He truly was an interesting character. Than again, most stars are. It's what makes us all want to watch.

Partyboy is now running late so we say our goodbyes and I take him home. He gives me a quick hug and thanks me for the last few days. I drive away and he shoots me one last text. "Thanks again for the adventures, the gluttonous bliss and saving the day!"

I had a great few days with him. I always say that Glasses is my heart. Well so is Partyboy. We definitely have a connection. We don't need to be in a relationship for me to enjoy it. I just love kicking it in this guys space. I'm glad that he found out about WCC. Atleast now I can actually get to know him.

No more boys for me though. I'm just going to write. Keep my focus. Find my inner darkness and become that person that people want to watch.

I drive home running everything the Guru had said to us in my mind. I love what I do. I know what I want. And I'm glad that someone recognized that.

Hopefully I'll see you soon Hollywood Guru. Just know, I plan on proving you right.


WCC

No comments:

Post a Comment