Thursday, March 3, 2011

Blue Balls

Glasses leaves to Mexico tomorrow...Boo.

He needs to spend a few weeks in Leon for work.  He's not exactly sure when he will be back.  My world is crumbling. Everyone keeps telling me that I'm exaggerating. That he'll be back before I know it. What they don't realize is that we talk daily. We text several times a day. He's my besty and my daily rock. He's my substitute for an actual relationship. His friendship helps keep The Lonely away. Besides, what the hell am I going to do without his ridiculous drunken antics? That shits money man. I'm blue. He better hurry his ass and get back here before I find myself a new drunky party bounce besty.

We decided to have a farewell get together at Partyboys bar tonight. I didn't think I would see PB. He had left to visit his girl in Vegas a few days ago. But he showed up in all his obnoxiously hot glory.

We had been at the bar for about an hour. We all ordered martini's and I was annoying Glasses with my moping. Than in walks Partyboy. He looks directly at me and we lock eyes for a moment. He gives out a few hugs and than makes his way over to where I am sitting. He bends down and gives me a kiss on my cheek. It's funny. I honestly thought that when he come back he would be more distant towards me. I mean he just spent a few days with his girl right? I should be the last person he has thought about, but I got the very real impression that the guy missed me.

I see it the whole night. I'm bouncing around being the life of the party as usual, and he is watching me from the side every chance he gets. He brought a friend with him. Super cool, good looking guy. I spent a lot of time engaging him in conversation. Partially because like I said, the guy was cool. But also to annoy Partyboy. I can't help myself. I love being everyones best friend except for his. I'm not sure how long I plan on torturing him about breaking things off with me. All I know is that for now its seriously one of my favorite pass times.

Glasses is good and drunk by this time as usual. He is making jokes about finding himself a Mexican bride while he's there and about how he plans on growing a beard. In the middle of his rant Partyboy pops his head into our conversation and wants to add his two cents.  "Yeah, be careful with this one. She' ll blue ball ya," he says.

Huh?

"What did you just say?" I asked him, turning in my chair so that I can glare at him properly.

He sort of smiles and turns so that he can talk to Hippie Chick who is sitting on the other side of him. I let it slide but I'm shocked! For one, the comment had nothing to do with the conversation Glasses and I were having. But also because it was the first time that he had ever referenced anything sexual about me since our 'break up'. I roll it over in my head. He had seemed pretty cool with not being able to have sex with me before. He never pressured me or talked shit. I haven't thought about how frustrated that must have left him. Apparently he was still thinking about it enough to throw it out during such an inappropriate occasion. Interesting that it would still bother him even after a return trip from his girl. Man is this boy confused.

And so am I for that matter. I was just having a conversation with Hippie Chick today about how I knew that things were better the way they were. I mean I already knew that he's not the right guy for me. But my heart is battling with my brain. It's so fucking annoying. And the fact that the guy still likes me is making it even harder. I mean for the most part I'm fine. I can hang with him and be friendly and cool. I don't feel any need to try to hook up with him or make something happen. I don't feel like I'm waiting for him or his affections to increase towards me. But whenever the guy walks into the room I get ....well...happy. Ugh.

We all finally head out of the bar. I give Glasses multiple hugs and fake crying before he heads off to his car. Hippie Chick, Homeless boyfriend, Mr. Boston, Partyboy and his friend stay for a while longer just shooting the shit.

"It's raining people, time to go," I say after a bit and start to walk towards the car.

Partyboy snags me and pulls me into a hug. "Come here and say goodbye," he tells me. I give him a quick squeeze and walk away. I know he must note how different I act with him. I mean I had just finished giving Glasses the hug of the century but I seldom even look Partyboy in the face. I can't. I think if I do I'll give away how I feel and I'd rather just come off as an aloof bitch.

Next weekend The Plex household plans on heading off to Vegas. Ringo is performing out there so we are all driving down to support. The Kid and Goodtimes plan on meeting all of us up there. I can't wait. I need something to take my mind off the drama of the last few weeks. Between The Highlanders stalking and all the draining time I've been spending with Partyboy, I'm seriously looking forward to some uncomplicated loven.

I think that there's a small possibility that Partyboy may come as well. That brings up two possible uncomfortable situations. One, if his girl is around I'm not sure how I'll react to the situation. I mean, I think I'll be fine with it but you never know? I mean who will win out? My heart or my brain? I may not have to worry about it though because I think I overheard him say something about her going to visit her family out of state for the next 3 weeks. I can only hope.

Than there is the second issue. I'm going to be there with The Kid. Like I've said before, I'm not really into hanging out with my man in front of an ex. I think it's kind of rude. For both parties. But than again, Partyboy was the one who decided not to be with me so I guess it would sort of serve him right. As for The Kid? He doesn't need to know. We both have a unspoken Don't ask Don't tell understanding.

Guess I'll have to wait and see how this one plays out. I can only handle one drama at a time. Which brings me to a more pressing issue. I may have to see Huge Asshole this weekend.

I haven't seen him since November of last year. The last we spoke was on my Birthday Blast - Fight Night day. As you know that conversation didn't end very well. Now I need to attend Dimples dads 50th birthday party where I know he will be for sure. And damn Glasses is out of town.

I don't want to necessarily bring a date so I need to figure something else out. I'm so tempted to ask Partyboy if he will come with me. I know if I asked there is a strong possibility that he would say yes. It would be so perfect. I mean PB is taller than Huge Asshole and older as well. Huge Asshole's insecure ass would shrink in his seat. There's no way he would come anywhere near me if I brought that guy with me.

But alas, I won't ask. I may have to play this one solo. Who knows? Maybe I'll be able to handle it without an ounce of pain. I mean, I don't cry about him anymore. Hell, I hardly think about him nowadays. Maybe this will be my opportunity to see that I'm totally over him.

I'll let you know how it goes. Whatever happens, I'm sure it'll make a good story. As always, you'll be the first I tell dear reader.

Have a good night ya'll.

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment