Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Kid - The beginning

Feeling pretty blue tonight. Not sure exactly why. A combination of things I suppose.

I had a long day at work. Every phone call I received was some new drama I needed to deal with. I got bitched at by HR, and had to write an explanation letter to my bosses boss over some payrole bullshit. I rolled out at 9pm feeling like dirt.

One highlight from today was I got to go hang with Glasses. I hadn't seen him at all this weekend so we both had major separation anxiety. He will be leaving in a few weeks out of the country for work. We are both trying to figure out how we are going to handle it. I prefer to not think about it for now.

I think I'm also blue because The Kid is gone. I got to spend 4 awesome days with him. That's a record for us. He was in my town, in my bed, in my arms. And now he is gone again. It's funny, as anti relationship as I am at the moment, I can't help but long for a day he and I can be together. I mean actually together. In the same state. I have fantasies that he has to move out here for work. Or that he wins the lottery and buys a vacation home here. It would take so little to please me. One weekend a month is all I would ask for.

Goodtimes and I were texting eachother the other night. He asked me what was going on between me and the Kid.

"What do u mean?" I text back.

"What are u trying to be or are you just having fun?" he asks.

"We aren't trying to be anything. I mean we don't have a whole lot of choices. He's there I'm here. And like I said, he sort of holds me at an arms distance. Its his way, I've gotten used to it. But I like to think its more then just having fun." geez, am I pouring my heart out to this guy or what?

"I really like him," I continue. "Always have. It sucks."

I wanted Goodtimes to know that my feelings for The Kid weren't about just having fun. I wish we could have more but we do the best we can with the hand we've been dealt.

"Your cute together," he says.

Tell me about it. The Kid and I have so much fun.  We laugh at everything. All the time. There's no fighting or anger or jealousy. We are perfectly at ease when together. I've gone months, hell a year without seeing him but when I do we always pick up just where we left off. Totally enamored with each other...

The Kid was my first crush after I left my husband. I had flown out to be with my family and get my head straight. To say that I went a little hog wild would be an understatement.

 The second my feet touched the out of state dirt I was off and running into dating land.  That was the beginning of my double sometimes triple booking dating lifestyle. I partied every night I was there...38 days to be exact...rain or shine. I lost over 10 pounds in 2 weeks from my 22 hour party days. I had a freaking blasty blast blowing though these guys. Kisses for some, a week or two of dating for others. There were 2 that I dated pretty consistently. Pablo was one of them. Pablo is his real name. I honestly couldn't come up with a better one. Well I did consider the name Dingbat, but we'll just stick to his birth name for now.

I remember going out to downtown with my Sister one night. I was supposed to meet up with Dingbat (screw it. It does fit him.) at one of the clubs on the strip. But we hit a small hitch. My sisters boyfriend decided to get into a fight with her right there on the street. To this day we have no idea what he was tripping on. Ok, well maybe I had a small idea. She had been partying with me almost every night for 3 weeks. Guess he had a right to be a little pissed. But what the hell man she was fun and a damn good wingman.

He went storming away after his rant about how they were over. I love what my sister said after he walked away, "Why in the hell would he break up with me when I'm out and looking hot? So stupid"

Why indeed? It was time to get our party on.

We left where he was hanging and headed into another bar where apparently it was 'hot guy' night. I was in heaven. This was a small town and the place always makes me feel like a shark. The boys there are easily confused and even easier to pick off. Just when I was getting ready to sink my teeth into one my sister tells me, "We got to go."

What? Oh hell no.
"Why?" I ask her.

"Because I know my boyfriend. He's pissed and he will probably come looking for me and if he see's a guy even standing next to me he will freak out," she tells me.

Damn it all to freaking hell. I pull out my phone and give Dingbat a quick call. He is partying a few clubs over and I was supposed to meet up with him in a few. I tell him I'll be back in a few hours to catch up with him.

"Ok, lets go" I tell her after I hang up.

We head to a club a few miles away where it is apparently 'ugly guy' night. Nothing but overweight Native American women with mullets and a few random cowboys. This sucks ass. We make the most of it weeding through crowd trying to find atleast a 'maybe' to smooch. We didn't luck out.

Closing time rolls around and I call up Dingbat. He is drunk and leaving the club.

"Don't drive," I tell him. "We'll come pick you up."

My family lives in a state with a painfully high drunk driver mortality rate. My sister can drive stick so the plan is for him to ride with me while my sister follows behind us in his car.

We cruise back downtown and the place is a ghost town. It's now 2am and everyone has gone home. I swear I even saw a tumble weed roll by. Dingbat had told me he was parked near the library so we cruise over that way. I see his blue Volvo on the curb and a band of 5 guys walking towards it.

"There they are!" my sister yells pointing.

We are on a one way street so I quickly cruise around the block to catch up with them. But by the time I get there they are all behind the wheel and driving towards the light. Mercifully it turns red and we pull up along side them. We don't recognize the driver so my sister yells out her window, "Where's Dingbat?"

"In the backseat," the driver says.

"Well pull over, I'm driving" she answers back.

The boys follow orders and pull to the side of the road. My sister jumps out and after a few seconds of conversation with them yells something I don't catch. A few minutes later the driver of the car pops into my passenger seat. Without skipping a beat I say, "hi. put on your seatbelt." and pull away to follow my sister who has already driven off.

The guy who sits next to me is pretty damn cute. He is dressed casually with a baseball cap on his head. We start to chit chat about fast food of all things. Neither one of us can stop talking. We are laughing and having a grand ol time. There is no first time meeting pressure because I have my guy in the car in front of us being driven by my sister and he is sufficiently buzzed enough not to care. Or so I thought.

I come to find out later that the incoherent words my sister had yelled at me were, "It's the wrong car. Dingbat isn't in here!"

I guess when she walked up to the car she had told them to let Dingbat get out so he could ride with me. They all looked at eachother like the Jig was Up. The driver answers back to her, "Um, we don't actually know who Dingbat is but could you still drive us?"
Hilarious. And my sister being the funny bad ass she is says ok, and throws the hot driver over my way. Like I said. She's a great wing man.

So here I was driving behind my sister in the car that she had just car jacked from the driver who I had apparently now kidnaped. And I was ok with it. I introduced myself as Carrie. He tells me his name is The Kid.

And that's how we met. My sister drove around town in his car dropping off each of the cars occupants while The Kid and I shot the shit the whole way. We finally got to our final destination. The last of The Kids friends house's.

"Do you guys smoke?" he asked me.

Yes siree we do! He invites us inside. The pad is cool. Large and with a music studio in the back. We all pile in there and me and The Kid start messing with his friends impressive music collection. After we pop on some tunes the 4 of us take a few hits off his bong.

We stayed at that house for 7 hours. We had so much fun. The Kid and I discovered our taste in the same music, his friend started playing the guitar. We all sat there stoned out of our mines singing Sublime songs and goofing around. Sometime around 4 am I finally received a phone call from Dingbat.

"Where are you," he asks me.

"An after party, what happened to your ass?" I yell at him.

"Oh, we just decided to drive after all, " god this guy is a dumbass,"Are you going to come by later?"

"Yeah, I'll be leaving in a bit." I respond then hang up. I look around the room. They are all staring at me, quiet.

"I'm not going over there," I tell them. We all laugh and turn the music back up.

As the night started to turn into early morning I began to give up on The Kid and I making a connection. For the most part I'm ok with that. I was just so excited at how cool he was. I thought atleast I found an amazing friend that I could hang out with when I was in town.

Next thing I know my sister and The Kids friend disappear leaving the two of us alone. Intentionally I just know it. I'm sitting on a chair and The Kid is standing in front of me. We are both stoned out of our minds and have been zoning out on the Red Hot Chili Peppers songs for the past hour or so.

The Kid looks at me over his shoulder. I look back thinking how funny he is. And that's when he made his move. Six hours of laughs and music and The Kid finally cups my face in his hands and lays one on me.

Yeah baby! I had kissed a ton of guys those few weeks but by far this was the best. The guy knew all my tricks without me having to demonstrate them first. When we pulled away I even said it,"dude you kiss exactly like me."

"I know right?" he replies, and then pulls me up out of my chair so that he can kiss me with his arms wrapped around me.

We spent the next half hour just snogging our brains out. The sun began to rise and my sister finally comes in and tells me its time to go. Boo.

We all walk out to our cars and The Kid pulls me in for another kiss. "You should just come back to my house, " he tells me.

I laugh, " I can't. It's late. Or early. Whatever. Time to go. Next time."

He kisses me again and gets in his car. I jump in with my sister with a big grin on my face.

"Did you get his number?" she asks me.

"I gave him mine, " I tell her.

"Screw that. Go get his too." she says nudging me.

She's right! This is one guy I don't want to have to wait for.

I run back to his car to gather his number and a few more smooches.

We get back to my moms place where I was staying. " How was your night?" she asks me.

"I'm in love!" I told her ignoring her look of disapproval.

"Your not in love," she tells me.

"Yes I am. I love him the mostess," I say again floating to the bedroom to catch a few hours of sleep.

I ended up seeing The Kid almost every night after that. We partied it up for days. I slept there at his house for the remainder of my trip. My family stopped asking where I was. If I wasn't home they knew I was with The Kid.

Leaving was hard. I extended my trip twice to be able to spend more time with him. But alas it was finally time for me to go home and face reality. Leaving that first time was the worse. I've adjusted over the years but I still remember how in love I was back then. I've tapered my emotions down to a strong liking for him. I can't handle feeling any other way. But man, I'm feeling that sadness again right now.

Where ever you are Kid, I'm thinking of you...and missing you...and crossing my fingers that you win that damn lottery.

Bedtime for me. Night all.
WCC

No comments:

Post a Comment