Friday, September 2, 2011

"Dude"


August 22nd, 10:52 pm


Dude:  "Hey! Dude from Cupid. You always give your number out without telling someone your name first ;)?"


Me:  "Do you always text a girl for the first time during booty call hours? Some people have normal   jobs you know."


Dude:  "Lol! I just got in bed. Booty call hours are much later than this."


Me:  "Guess you would know. I'm a prude."


Dude:  "Well good thing I just want to take you to dinner and not booty call ya...Night _______?"


Me:  "Sorry. Carrie."


Dude:  "Night Carrie."



August 23rd, 4:11pm

Me:  "Ok, its a reasonable time now...how you doing?"


Dude:  "Haha! Really? It wasn't that late Big Baby. I'm good. Busy trying to finish this kitchen remodel. What do you think so far?"


Insert photo


Me:  "Lovely...I'm just poking fun. I was actually up till 4am."


Dude:  "Serious? Why?"


Me:  "I'm a writer. I was working on a project. I kept losing my stupid Internet connection and couldn't finish. I'm kind of pissed about it lol."


Dude:  "Yeah, that sucks when shits out of your hands like that. You want to get a drink or dinner this week?"


Me:  "Probably. Why don't we try a phone conversation fist. After all you should make sure that I'm not a man."


Dude:  "Haha! A phone interview first? You could sound like a girl but still have a penis...Call you later sometime. Still at work."


7:09 PM

Me:  "Ugh my phone sucks at stealing photos. Send me one? I need one for my caller ID, so don't make it weird."


Dude:  "Huh? Have you met a lot of people on here that aren't who they say they are or what?"


Me:  "Only one, but that's not why I'm asking. I really just want a caller ID pic."


Dude:  "Ok weirdo."

Me:  "Really?! A shirtless pic?"


Dude:  "What? It's like the only pic I have on my phone of myself that you can really see my face in.  Beggars can't be choosers."


Me:  "Fine. I'll crop it."


Dude:  "Sorry, I've never had anyone ask me for a photo for their caller ID before...that I've never even met before. I have friends that I've had for years and years that don't have pictures on their caller ID's"


Me:  "That just means you're old."

Dude:  "Lol! Guess so. Wait, aren't you my age?"

Me:  "I meant in the inside."


Dude:  "Ha! You obviously don't know me at all."


Me:  "Nope. That's why it's best for me to pass judgements on you now while it's still funny. It's all about the timing man. So how old are you again?"


Dude:  "29...going on 45 in maturation but 16 in the mind."


Me:  "So I'm older in every way...I'm 33 but I hang out with twenty year olds so that I can appear younger."


Dude:  "Good thinking. Most of my friends are married and boring as sin so I hang with my brother and his twenty year old friends alot."


Me:  "I lost my married friends in the divorce lol...My friends range from 20-34 and there are a shitload of them...check out our website www.________.com"


Dude:  "Wow. I don't even know what to say to that? To say you are interesting would be an understatement."


Me:  "You have no idea."



10:18 PM

Dude:  "Honest question. You really a prude?"


Me:  "You're going to need to make that question a little more specific."


Dude:  "I just don't want to waste your time or mine. I just got out of a 4 year relationship. So mostly just looking for fun.  I don't lie and I don't bullshit. So pretty much if you don't hook up at 33 then we will just be equating each others time."


Me:  "I'm not looking for a boyfriend, or a husband. I was married for 11 years."


Dude:  "Sweet. Just making sure we are on the same page. Wow, you got married way to young."


Me:  "Yeah...Interesting. I guess that would be the only two choices represented on these sights. Sex or long term relationships?...I take that back. There is a third choice. There are people who are just plain lonely and are looking for someone...anyone...that they can talk to."


Dude:  "Yeah, that sounds about right."


Me:  "Well, to answer what I think your question is, I don't go into anything with pre-set rules. I'm totally open and let things be. I'm not looking for anything. I'm not lonely and have a painfully social and active life. So why don't we just see if I can stand to be around you before you have me make a decision about the future or our relationship?"


Dude:  "Lmao!! Not trying to make you make any decisions. I'm just looking for friends with benefits. And if you're a "prude", like you said last night...there is no point in wasting my time."


Me:  "Not sure if you're a friend yet. That part is much more difficult to find than the benefits. I run with a pretty amazing group of people. It's to soon for me to know if I will find you amusing enough. So lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. First things first. Phone call. Maybe we will breakup after that. After all, you could sound like a whiny ass chick."


Dude:  "What? Haha!!!!! Call ya tomorrow sometime."


August 24th, 7:36pm


Me:  "Long day?"


Dude:  "Very. What you been up to."


Me:  "At Disneyland...drinking a Glowhito"


Dude:  "I have no idea what you just said."


Me:  "Its a Mojito with a glow cube that you freeze and put in your drink."

Dude:  "Sounds like a waste of money."


Me:  "Ok, glass half empty, guy."


Dude:  "Just screwing with you. In truth I would be pretty stoked to have a drink in my hand right now, with some shiny cubes, and you sitting on my lap..."


Me:  "Not really a lap sitter. Mr Boston calls me a Alpha Female..."

Dude:  "So you want to bend me over is what you're saying?"


Me:  "You into that?"


Dude:  "Lol!! Not so much...I like throwing girls around. Something very sexy about being able to just man handle a girl."


Me:  "Nothing wrong with that."


Dude:  "To bad your so far away right now."


Me:  "Who said I felt like getting tossed?"

Dude:  "I just assumed...trying to be,glass half full, guy."



August 31st, 5:29pm

Dude:  "You should come over to my place tonight."


Me:  "That doesn't sound creepy at all."


Dude:  "Haha!! Sorry, the Italian side of me is very straight forward. I have no filter."


Me:  "Me either...it sounds like your Italian side is a creepster."


Dude:  "Not so much a creepster...as hornball :)"


Me:  "I'm not going to your house for a first time meet and greet dude."


Dude:  "Don't understand why. So where do you want to meet? Have you met some real creepers on here or what?"


God he has no idea....


Me:  "Only the kind that say that they are horny and want me to drive to their house in the middle of the night...actually now that I think about it, you're only the second one to ever ask me that."


Dude:  "Sorry, I'm really not a creeper. Truth is that I recently just got out of a 4 year relationship. So I'm really not looking for anything other than a friend with benefits. No chance I could take anyone serious. Don't want to waste yours or my time. I'm a good guy who owns a surf shop...not some creeper. If you're down to hook up that's great..if not, no worries."


Me:  "Guess you decided to skip right over the friends part huh? Like I said, I'm not looking for a boyfriend. I just want to have fun. My last relationship lasted over a decade. I'm good on that. But I think you are a bit more one sided than I'm choosing to be at the moment. Thanks for the offer, but I already have outlets with guys who are actually my friends. Thanks for you honesty though, I'm just not into the quick hook up. That bores me. Good luck Dude xoxo."


Dude:  "I have plenty of friends. Not on here for friends. And I'm tired of going out and having to spend money on dinners and dates just so a girl feels comfortable enough to fuck you. No worries though...good luck to you too."


Me:  "Lol, I just need fodder for the fans baby. But I've told your story before. There can only be one Creeper."


Dude:  "You really need to stop that judging thing. It's very unattractive. You have no idea what my story is."


Me:  "Not judging at all. Swear. I really do appreciate your honesty. I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm not looking to be wined and dined. That was you judging me. All I wanted was the opportunity to actually like you. Not much to ask. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings doodey."


Dude:  "Not saying you are. It's just that recently I've been on a few random dates with girls on here and they all just want to be wined and dined and then get married. Even after I tell them that I'm just looking for fun...they still tell me that I have to work for it. I'm just not that interested in putting in work at this time in my life. I have to do that all day already...And you didn't hurt my feelings at all...Well if you're still down to meet up somewhere, we can. I have to admit that I do like your personality and witty little banter..."


Me:  "If you can leave your horny Italian side at home and can accept that I have no idea if I want to have sex with you (a total stranger). Honestly I'm sort of thinking you're an enormous ass at the moment."


Dude:  "LOL! Think I could leave him at home and just get to know ya first."


Me:  "Good. Because I'm someone worth knowing. Swear."


Dude:  "You free tonight?"


Me:  "I get off at 10pm. Meet me at Loaded Rocker Bar on Hollywood? Divey atmosphere with cheap drinks and good people...."


Dude:  "Sounds like my  kind of place. I'll see you at 10:30 then."



September 1st, 2:55 AM

Dude: "Had a good time tonight. You were delightfully refreshing. I hope I wasn't to forward with you?"


Me:  "Not at all. I'm just excited I got to have a listening party in my car with a fellow Red Hot Chili Peppers fan. Makes the album sound that much better...I'm home now btw."


Dude:  "Glad you're home safe. Enjoyed the chili pepper show in the car. Definitely buying the album...on vinyl or not. That bar was the shit too. I can't believe I've never been there before."


Me:  "Yeah, it's a fav of mine. Check you out...partied till 3am. Maybe you're not an old man after all."


Dude:  "Lol, is that your nickname for me? That would be so funny because before the start up it couldn't be more opposite."


Me:  "Old man? No, its 'Dude'."


Dude:  "Lol! Why dude?? Don't think I've ever said that word...but you say it a bunch."


Me:  "I'm from Redondo Beach. That's what we say. And hey be glad, the other guy I was talking to I named, 'Salad Dressing,' lol".


Dude:  "Salad Dressing?? I'm afraid to ask. And just so you know you just lost points because I HATE when people think surfers talk like that. Don't think I've ever said dude ever. And all copies of that movie with Mathew Mcconaughey should be burnt."


Me:  "Unfortunately, 'The Rocker', was already taken...I grew up on the sand man, I know the difference."


Dude:  "...and I don't know a single surfer that uses that word. I know a lot of ignorant college kids and stoners who say it though."


Me:  "Hey! I say dude all the time. It's one of my favorite vocabulary words. I think I'm going to change your name to Mr. Sensitive."


Dude:  "Haha!! In text it's hard to read tone. Not sensitive at all. More sincere. Just always been a pet peeve of mine. And I guess Dude is better than Creeper."


Me:  "The funny thing is, I don't mean it the way you're taking it. It's a term me and my girl Daria used to use when we thought someone was a "man".  As in, "He's a total DUDE". No goofy surfer stereo type accent. You're a fucking Dude man. I likey."


Dude:  "In that case I appreciate the compliment...and btw, I really liked your dress."


Me:  "So do I...although it smells more like you now,  the two timing whore."


Dude:  "Don't take it out on her...wasn't her fault. I was rubbing on her alot.  Kinda all over her...she was just so soft..."


Me:  "Yeah, you didn't play it cool at all."


Dude:  "The definition of playing it cool means I would be being fake and putting up a front. Sorry, not my style."


Me:  "Good answer. I have no stomach for bullshit."


Dude:  "Night gorgeous. It really was a pleasure 'meeting you'."



WCC

No comments:

Post a Comment